Tripoli Mid-Ohio

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you're having issues with login,
Click the login link above the text boxes.

Author Topic: 4/22 - 4/23 Dr. Phil Prior memorial launch - what are you flying?  (Read 1601 times)

rockets rock!

• I love to fly rockets!
    • View Profile

Well, it's coming, and getting closer! The launch is just around the corner. The thing I don't like is the weather for Saturday, it's not looking good. Sunday looks great, but I can't make it on Sunday. So, Let's hope for good weather both days!
Now for the flights, what ya'll planning to fly?
IF I can make it, and the weather is good I plan to make a couple of flights:
Estes Partizon - AT H135, or I205
Estes Dragonite - OLD Estes C5-3
Record Breaker II "The Minute Man" on a F10 to around 6K for the TRA altitude record
Estes Freefall - A8-3
If I can convince my brother to fly his "Crazy Eight" corkscrew rocket, I have an E20 for that, otherwise I'll have to figure out something else. But, if I don't fly a HPR motor in my Estes Partizon, I might fly it on a AT G75M.
And the picture you see is my Minimum Diameter rocket, hopefully going to fly on an F10 to 6K!

And according to TMO's Facebook page, there are some BIG flights planned. So all in all this sounds like it's going to be a good launch!
Thanks,
Andrew, a 15 year old rocketeer, who loves to watch and fly model rockets all year long!!
Owner, ARS Rockets
Biggest motor: Aero-Tech I284W
Highest flight: maybe around 3,500 ft.
2018: 1,456.52 Ns
TRA Member #17056
NAR Member #94787

rockets rock!

• I love to fly rockets!
    • View Profile
Re: 4/22 - 4/23 Dr. Phil Prior memorial launch - what are you flying?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 04:59:03 PM »

I can make it tomorrow! The weather for today looked good, but I went fishing instead.  :D
So, it should be good!! The only concern for me is the wind, otherwise it looks AWESOME! I'm looking to burn some good & nice AP tomorrow!  8) ;D
Thanks,
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:12:24 PM by rockets rock! »
Andrew, a 15 year old rocketeer, who loves to watch and fly model rockets all year long!!
Owner, ARS Rockets
Biggest motor: Aero-Tech I284W
Highest flight: maybe around 3,500 ft.
2018: 1,456.52 Ns
TRA Member #17056
NAR Member #94787