Tripoli Mid-Ohio

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you're having issues with login,
Click the login link above the text boxes.

Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 2511 times)

Gary

• BoD
  • Fly high, fly safe!
    • View Profile
Welcome
« on: October 01, 2015, 08:02:07 AM »

"Change is certain; progress is not."
The above was a quotation shared with me by a former manager at Procter and Gamble specifically as it related to our roles in R&D. I am hoping that the change you all are seeing with the transition from OAMC to TMO is NOT this way.

As you are all aware, we split the clubs last year, with TORC going its own separate way and OAMC remaining OAMC. It appears that most of the local interest appear to be with model rockets and the lower end of the HPR spectrum. I don't see this group flying anything larger than a K class motor; to each his/her own. The core TRA folks are into pushing the newton-second range as well as delving deeper and deeper into Research motor making; the split makes all the sense in the world to a number of us. I just hope that there are no hard feelings post-split.
With the change in the TRA rules for Research launches, the BoD felt that there was no longer any reason for us to maintain our independent club status, so we are reverting back to running the club as Tripoli Mid-Ohio, Prefecture #31.

What does this mean to you as a flyer? We have the same great field with the same waiver and the capability to launch O class motors, but without membership fees. We will be sorting through details for the 2015/2016 flying season, so please bear with us.

We are expecting the crops to be harvested this month and hope to resume operations no later than early November. Stay tunes for updates and get those rockets ready to rock the Standing Oaks launch site!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:10:16 AM by Gary »
Gary Dickinson
Prefect - Tripoli Mid Ohio #31
Prefect - Tripoli Gerlach #138
Director - Tripoli Rocketry Association
TRA #5520; L3; TAP Member